Epiphany seeks talented individuals with a range of experiences in education and a commitment to our mission. We are currently seeking Teaching Fellows for the School’s teaching intern program,
- Middle School Teaching Fellow Job Description
Epiphany is an independent middle school dedicated to providing excellent, tuition-free education to boys and girls of all faiths, from economically disadvantaged families from Boston. We are looking for recent college graduates who feel a commitment to the city, education, and children and are excited about the idea of working for a full-service school that is open twelve hours a day. The art teaching fellow’s primary responsibility will be student teaching in art classes for all grades, alongside the lead art teacher. The art fellow will also oversee study hall, coach sports, and assist with a major area of school such as: technology, student support, administration, etc.
While it is recognized that the fellows may have little or no teaching experience, the entire atmosphere is one of collaboration and mutual learning. If it is determined that teaching in an urban setting is a what you are passionate about pursuing as a career, we may be able to support you in a second or third year where, in addition to serving as a teaching fellow you may be accepted into a one year program to receive your Masters’ Degree.
- Submit transcripts, resume and cover letter
- Complete formal written application and submit 2 written recommendations
- Visit the school for a day for initial visit
- Return to teach a mini lesson
- Student Teach
- Serve as a member of Non-Academic Area Teams
- Supervise additional duties during the school day, afternoon and evening portion of our program
- $600 monthly stipend
- Free housing and housing expenses
- Health Insurance
- Gym membership
- Americorp Educational Award of approximately $5000 (pending funding)-For full year position